- Course Title
- Broadway Dance-Tap
Learn the fundamentals of elementary tap dance with emphasis on sounds, rhythms, terminology and body placement. Successful students will show significant progress in elementary tap skills.
- The student will learn to count music and apply it in a percussive manner to his/her feet.
- The student will learn to identify tap steps.
- The student will execute a full tap routine by the end of the semester.
A. The student will learn to execute the five basic tap steps: flap, shuffle, hop, leap, and step.
B. Putting these steps together, the student will learn standard tap steps: maxi ford, buffalo, Irish's, front and back essence and time step.
C. The student will complete a full tap routine by the end of the semester.
Method of Instruction
The teacher will demonstrate and the student will repeat.
- The student will be able to execute a full jazz routine.
- Class Participation: Regular attendance is imperative because this is a skills class.