- Course Title
- Video Editing I (Final Cut Pro)
Learn the basics for editing digital media using Final Cut Pro X.
Upon completion of this course students will understand the basic concepts of editing digital media, specifically using the Final Cut Pro X platform.
- Introduction to Final Cut Pro X
- Digital data management
- Getting familiar with the Final Cut Pro interface
- Importing media
- Editing in a non-linear timeline (storyline)
- Understanding the basic use of transitions, effects and filters
- Using music and sounds as enhancement to the narrative
- Rudimentary audio mixing techniques
- Outputting media for DVD or online delivery
Method of Instruction
Students will be evaluated by level of in-class participation and attendance.