- Course Title
- Basic Appraisal Principles
Explore the appraisal process through discussion of appraisal principles and practical examples. This course meets the pre-qualifying criteria, as established by the North Carolina Appraisal Board. This is the first course in the appraisal pre-licensing series and must be taken first.
Upon completion of this course students will have basic knowledge of the concepts, characteristics and legal issues of real property appraisal. They will have a better understanding of value and economics as well as ethical considerations in appraisal.
- Real Property Concepts & Characteristics
- Legal Consideration
- Influences on Real Estate Values (Governmental, Economic, Social and Environmental)
- Types of Value
- Economic Principles
- Overview of Real Estate Market and Analysis
- Ethics and how they apply in Appraisal Theory and Practice
Method of Instruction
Final Exam & Attendance Requirement: Students must make a grade of 80% or above on the Final Exam and attend 90% of the class to satisfactorily complete the course.