- Course Title
- Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use
Students will gain the tools needed to properly collect and analyze market data and determine a property's highest and best use. This course meets the pre-qualifying criteria, as established by the North Carolina Appraisal Board. Those seeking to become a Registered Trainee must complete APP 7201 and APP 7202 prior to taking this course.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of market fundamentals and market analysis, demonstrate a basic understanding of supply side analysis and demand side analysis, gain a general understanding of highest and best use and gain a general understanding of how to consider, test, and apply highest and best use.
- What Highest and Best Use Is
- How to Test for Highest and Best Use
- How to Report Highest and Best Use Analysis
- Definitions and Overview of Relationships
- Step 1-Property Productivity Analysis
- Step 2 - Market Delineation
- Steps 3 and 4 - Supply and Demand Analysis
- Math for Market Analysis
- Market Analysis in Action
- Practical Application in Highest and Bes Use Analysis.
- Defining the Market: Chapter 2
- Analyzing the Market: Chapter 3
- Drawing Conclusions from the Market: Chapter 4
- Highest and Best Use: Chapter 5
- Land Use Restrictions: Chapter 6
- Economic Considerations: Chapter 7
- Final Highest and Best Use Analysis: Chapter 8
Method of Instruction
Final Exam & Attendance Requirement: Students must make a grade of 80% or above on the Final Exam and attend 90% of the class to satisfactorily complete the course.