- Course Title
- Inspired Collages
Learn how to develop mixed-media applications to enhance your collages as you combine personal photos, memorabilia and various surface treatments to create meaningful artwork. Exploring various techniques, you will compose a finished piece using acrylic mediums, decorative papers and items that have special meaning to you. This class offers opportunities to explore collage styles and self-expression.
- Explore composition while considering basic artistic elements.
- Understand how fundamentals will affect the finished piece.
- Use acrylic mediums to study color.
- Create personal pieces using the collage techniques learned in class.
- Intro to collage terms; varying styles and techniques.
- Color and acrylic media.
- Gathering of various materials and exploration of possible placements in the collages.
- Application of materials to canvas boards to create a finished piece.
A desire to grow artistically by creating a collage that is meaningful to you.
Method of Instruction
Lecture, demonstration and hands-on, in-class participation.
- Exam: No.
- Demonstration of Skills: Yes, via completed project.
- Class Participation: Yes, required.