- Course Title
- Acrylic Art - Mixed Media Collage
Jump start your creativity as you learn to turn your creative ideas into artistic, mixed media collages. Student projects will incorporate differing materials such as newspaper clippings, photographs and more to compose and create a finished piece on canvas board. Students will also learn the use of acrylic media and how to include various techniques like stamp making to enhance their collaged art work.
- Explore composition while considering basic artistic elements.
- Understand how fundamentals will affect the finished piece.
- Use acrylic mediums to study color.
- Create personal pieces using the collaging techniques learned in class.
- Intro to collage terms; varying styles and techniques.
- Color and acrylic media.
- Gathering of various materials and exploration of possible placements in the collages.
- Application of materials to canvas boards to create a finished piece.
A desire to explore the "art of collaging".
Method of Instruction
Lecture, demonstration and hands-on, in-class participation.
- Exam: No.
- Demonstration of Skills: Yes, via completed project.
- Class Participation: Yes, required.