- Course Title
- Basics of Colored Pencil Drawing
Colored pencils are fun, vibrant and beautiful! In this course gain a solid foundation in colored pencils through easy to follow step-by-step demonstrations and tutorials. Learn not only how to achieve the results you want, but why you get those results. Your skills will build from simple to advanced as you learn drawing strokes, techniques of layering, blending, burnishing, under-painting. Grow in your understanding of light, color and shading as you complete simple still life paintings. Returning students complete class paintings or paintings of their choice.
- Comprehensive learning experience on the use of colored pencils achieved through a series of short, easy to follow exercises and projects.
- Exposure to basic techniques, giving a a solid foundation for creating your own professional quality artworks with colored pencils.
- Create 2 or 3 colored pencil paintings of your own
- Types of colored pencils
- Basic colored pencil drawing stroke
- Techniques – layering, blending colors, burnishing, under-painting
- Understanding and applying light and value (shading)
- How to shade to achieve a believable drawing/painting
- Finding ideas and images
- Transferring images
- Use of photography and reference photos.
- Knowledge of color theory
- Effective application of color theory
Method of Instruction
- Demonstrations, lecture, and class participation
- Exam: No
- Demonstration of Skills: Yes
- Class Participation: Yes