- Course Title
- Basics of Colored Pencil Drawing
Until you see it, you won't believe the wonders you can create from vibrant and beautiful colored pencils! Under the guidance of our gifted instructor, gain a solid foundation through step-by-step demonstrations to achieve exciting results. Build skills as you learn drawing strokes, techniques of layering, blending, burnishing, under-painting and an understanding of why your results occur. Your comprehension of light, color and shading will blossom as you complete simple still life paintings. Returning students receive guidance while completing class assigned paintings or their own projects.
- Comprehensive learning experience on the use of colored pencils achieved through a series of short, easy to follow exercises and projects.
- Exposure to basic techniques, giving a a solid foundation for creating your own professional quality artworks with colored pencils.
- Create 2 or 3 colored pencil paintings of your own
- Types of colored pencils
- Basic colored pencil drawing stroke
- Techniques – layering, blending colors, burnishing, under-painting
- Understanding and applying light and value (shading)
- How to shade to achieve a believable drawing/painting
- Finding ideas and images
- Transferring images
- Use of photography and reference photos.
- Knowledge of color theory
- Effective application of color theory
Method of Instruction
- Demonstrations, lecture, and class participation
- Exam: No
- Demonstration of Skills: Yes
- Class Participation: Yes