- Course Title
- Basic Watercolor Techniques
Who would guess that those simple watercolor paint sets you used to make your very first 'masterpieces' for your parents' refrigerator could produce such lasting beauty? Your creative spirit will awaken under the guidance of our gifted instructor as you learn to use watercolors, often called the most expressive paint medium. Learn about paints, brushes and palettes, washes, glazing and more as you experiment with the design concepts of space, composition and color. You'll be on your way to celebrating life through art! All skill levels welcome.
- To complete at least three projects in class using different techniques.
- Participate in class critiques.
- Color mixing
- Process of watercolor painting
2. Project in hot pressed paper
3. Cold pressed paper
4. Color schemes
6. Masking out
7. Use of tools
- Saran wrap
8. Combining watercolor with other media
Method of Instruction
- Individual help and direction
- Exam: No
- Demonstration of Skills: Yes
- Class Participation: Yes