- Course Title
- Studio Painting - Acrylic/Oil/Watercolor
Do you know the basics of painting, but need help starting or completing a project? Bring your canvas and supplies to class and receive assistance, expert advice, demos and critiques as you paint at your own pace; all under the guidance of our talented instructor and working artist.
Students will learn how to apply good composition skills in their paintings, mix colors, form depth, and use shading to create density. Work at your own pace, while receiving assistance, feedback and critiques from the instructor to perfect the skills of working in the mediums of acrylic, oil or watercolor.
1. Review of various mediums
- Time permitting and/or student interest - also covered will be the topics below:
2. Fundamentals of a good painting
4. Mixing colors
6. Light sources
7. Personal and emotional responses to your work, critiques and guidance
Method of Instruction
Individual guidance, possible supplemental handouts and/or visual examples
- Exam: No
- Demonstration of Skills: Yes
- Class participation : Yes