- Course Title
- The Craft of Craft Beer
Learn the basics of brewing your own all-grain beer. Ingredients, equipment, sanitation, process, fermentation, and bottling will be covered. Students will also have to opportunity to sample a pre-made batch of the exact same beer that is being brewed. Included in class fees are first year membership fees in Carolina Brew Masters. Prerequisites: Must be 21 years of age.
- To learn the basics of brewing beer at home.
- Discuss and define the terms and ingredients involved in making beer
- Discuss and define the equipment used in the brewing process
- Discuss and practice proper sanitation techniques
- Discuss, define, and practice the process of all-grain brewing
- Discuss the process of fermentation and how it relates to the final product
- Discuss variations in the process and different styles of beer
- Discuss and demonstrate the bottling process using a previously made batch of beer
Must be 21 years of age
Method of Instruction
Lecture, demonstration, hands-on