- Course Title
- The Craft of Craft Beer
Learn the basics of brewing your own beer, using two methods of brewing; extract and all-grain. Students will brew 2 batches of beer in two forms one at its simplest and the other more advanced. Ingredients, equipment, sanitation, process, fermentation, and bottling will be covered. Students will also have to opportunity to sample a pre-made batch of the exact same beer that is being brewed. Included in class fees are first year membership fees in Carolina Brew Masters.Prerequisites: Must be 21 years of age.
- To learn the basics of brewing beer at home.
- Discuss and define the terms and ingredients involved in making beer
- Discuss and define the equipment used in the brewing process
- Discuss and practice proper sanitation techniques
- Discuss, define, and practice the process of all-grain brewing
- Discuss the process of fermentation and how it relates to the final product
- Discuss variations in the process and different styles of beer
- Discuss and demonstrate the bottling process using a previously made batch of beer
Must be 21 years of age
Method of Instruction
Lecture, demonstration, hands-on