- Course Title
- Business Writing
This course will help students examine purpose, organization, sentence structure, and word choice to improve business writing. For customization purposes, writing samples are obtained from each student and analyzed to prioritize the needs of the group. Students also submit writing challenges they would like to see addressed in the class.
- Name and describe the stops in the writing process.
- Identify audience and purpose for writing.
- Identify and delete unnecessary words and phrases.
- contrast active voice vs. passive voice.
- Identify incomplete sentences and correct them.
- Choose words which deliver a clear and concise message.
- Identify parallel structure.
- Proof the final product.
I. Introduction to the class
- The Writing Process an overview
- Audience and Purpose
- Active Voice vs. Passive Voice
- Unnecessary Word and Phrases
- Parallel Structure
- The Final Product
Method of Instruction
B. Demonstration with examples
C. Independent exercises will be completed in class
- Demonstration of Skills:
- Class Participation: