- Course Title
- Zodiak, The Great Game of Business, Finance and Strategy
Teach a basic understanding of business literacy, finance and strategy using a manufacturing simulation.
- Using a board game called Zodiak, participants simulate the operation of a manufacturing business. Participants will:
- Define and use common financial terms such as assets, liabilities, equity, cash flow and others.
- Explain the relationship between profit and cash.
- Explain how strategic initiatives can impact the bottom line, and describe "shareholder value".
- Analyze the financial results and the "story" of their own organization, while recognizing and defining company specific financial terms and measurements.
- Purpose of course
- Discovery Learning Model
- Current Business Literacy Exercise
- Playing the "Game" (Zodiak)
- Year 1: Evaluate financial
- Year 2: Evaluate financial
- Year 3: Evaluate financial
- Connections (connecting game to "real life")
Method of Instruction
- Problem solving
Demonstration of Skills: Yes
Class Participation: Yes