- Course Title
- Situational Leadership
This workshop introduces participants to the concept of Situational Leadership as developed by the Kenneth Blanchard Company. Included is: an overview of current leadership theories; practice in analyzing follower needs, and the matching of leadership style to follower competency and commitment levels.
- Apply the three main components of leadership: diagnosing, adapting, and communicating.
- Identify employee performance levels in order to apply situational leadership on the job.
- Determine a persons’ current leadership style and level of flexibility.
- Complete an Action Plan prior to implementing an appropriate leadership behavior.
I. Overview of Leadership Theories
II. The Three Skills of a Situational Leader
- Partnering for Performance
III. The Development Levels
- The Enthusiastic Beginner
- The Disillusioned Learner
- The Capable, but Cautious, Performer
- The Self-Reliant Achiever
IV. The Situational Leader
V. Situational Analyses
- Directive/Supportive Situations
- Match/Mismatch Situations
- Role Play Assessment
Method of Instruction
Lecture; small group discussion; video; PowerPoint; role-plays, film analysis
Participation and demonstration of skills