- Course Title
- Indian Vegetarian Cooking
Indian cooking is less foreign than you may think. In fact, most ingredients and foods that play key roles in an Indian diet are vegetables, flatbreads, rice, legumes and yogurt. Add in a myriad of great spices unique to this culture, along with pickles and chutneys, and you are ready to create a refreshing, authentic Indian meal. So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and learn the history as well as the techniques of one of the most profound cooking styles in the world. You'll also enjoy a trip to a local Indian restaurant and a grocery store, a popular feature of this Charlotte Cooks course.
This class is one of Charlotte Cooks' Vegetarian Cooking FUNdamentals.
Learn new ways to cook vegetables using Indian spices and ingredients.
- Cooking methods and equipment: tandoors, stir frying, steaming
- Ingredients and foods commonly used in the Indian meal
- How religion remains an important part of India's history and its culinary makeup
- How the endless stream of invaders throughout history made a lasting impact on the cuisine of India
Method of Instruction
Class participation: yes
Demonstration of skills: no