- Course Title
- Entree Salads
When warmer weather kicks in, a refreshing salad makes the perfect light meal. Enjoy a global assortment of hearty-but-not-heavy entree salads using the freshest seasonal ingredients. As an added bonus, you will take home a Charlotte Cooks recipe booklet. This class is one of Charlotte Cooks' Cooking FUNdamentals Level 1.
Learn how to create salads using the freshest foods available; types of salad range from rice salads to lettuce-based salads.
1. Identify the freshest fruits and vegetables
2. Identify the basic pantry items needed for dressings and marinades
3. Learn about washing and storing vegetables
4. Understand the rice products on the market
5. Incorporate beans into the main salad
Method of Instruction
- Exam: None
- Demonstration of skills: Yes
- Class Participation: Yes