- Course Title
- Social Security and Medicare: Where do I begin?
Are you a Baby Boomer, confused on how to get started with Social Security and Medicare? This information session will simplify the puzzle by examining each component of these programs in a step-by-step, easy to understand approach. Learn what benefits are provided and how to plan for and utilize the benefits to their greatest value. Specific topics will include Social Security limitations and benefits and Medicare Part A through D (benefits, costs and limitations). You will take home a handy resource book to help you navigate the Social Security and Medicare systems with confidence.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the size and benefits offered by the Social Security and Medicare system
- Discuss the Social Security benefits available to individuals and family members
- Explain specific issues that affect the benefits, including the continuation of work, the notch provision and government employees
- Describe the Medicare health insurance program - Plans A through D
- Qualifying for Benefits
- Retirement and Survivor Benefits
- Child Benefits
- Divorce Benefits
- Survivor Benefits
- Calculating the Benefits
Method of Instruction