- Course Title
- Insulation and Air Sealing Techniques for Home Builders
This 3 hour workshop is designed to teach home builders the fundamentals of insulation and air sealing. Participants will learn the science behind insulation and air sealing. Also taught are effective strategies for different residential situations and building types as well as the recommended insulation levels for this climate zone.
- Develop and understanding of the thermal and air barriers within homes
- Define the types of heat transfer and give examples
- Understand the relationship between insulation, air sealing and HVAC components
- Learn proven solutions for insulation and air sealing details
- Learn the new North Carolina Energy Conservation Code requirements for insulation, plus the potential changes for the iteration of the code
Students will be taught insulation and air sealing best practices. Using resources provided, they can compile a library of best practices for the thermal and air barriers of buildings.
Method of Instruction
Traditional instructor-led format
- Exam: No
- Demonstration of Skills: No
- Class Participation: Yes