- Course Title
- Decorating With Trim Molding
Whether your intent is to increase the value of your home, to showcase your own style, or to simply reduce finishing cost, molding adds value and style to any home. Learn the basics of trim carpentry, such as how to cut and install baseboard, chair rail and crown molding. This class will also teach you the art of coping. This class will be hands-on, and will include the use of power tools.
- Persons completing this course will have a general understanding of the different types of molding and their application.
- Persons completing this course will have working knowledge of cutting, coping and installing molding.
- What materials to start with
- The correct tools to use
- The different types of moldings and when to use what
- Repairing existing molding
- How to cope
Method of Instruction
- Classroom instruction
- Hands-on instruction
- Class participation: Yes, 75% attendance required