- Course Title
- Intermediate Spanish
This course is designed to further enable the student to communicate as a tourist, traveler, or businessperson in a Spanish-speaking country. The course will offer additional skills that have been attained during the first course of conversational Spanish. Emphasis will be placed on developing a general vocabulary and exposing students to cultural and geographical factors of Spanish-speaking countries.
Upon successful completion of this course the students will be able to:
- Communicate orally in both individual and group settings.
- Understand factors regarding Latin American countries.
- Master additional skills such as listening, reading, and basic writing.
New vocabulary will be introduced throughout the class.
• The past participle
• The present perfect tense
• The past perfect (pluperfect) tense
• The future tense
• The conditional tense
• Some uses of the prepositions a, de, and en
• The present subjunctive tense
• The subjunctive with verbs of volition
• The absolute superlative
• The subjunctive to express emotion
• The subjunctive with some impersonal expressions
• Formations of adverbs
• The subjunctive to express doubt, disbelieve, and denial
• The subjunctive to express indefiniteness and nonexistence
• Diminutive suffixes
Method of Instruction
Presentation of new material, repetition, substitution, and transposition; Promotion of conversation, making use of all subject matter and grammatical concepts.
1. Exam No
2. Demonstration of Skills:
3. Class attendance and Class Participation: