- Course Title
- Beginning French II
This second level of French will continue to engage students with additional and more complex communicative building blocks and cover additional aspects of the contemporary French culture by providing additional grammatical and conversational tools needed to strengthen the foundation learned in level I.
Upon completion of this course, students will learn expanded structures of pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary, to be able to communicate comfortably in French and interact socially with others.
- Review of key elements from level I
- Locating people and objects
- Expressing the absence of something
- Additional methods of getting information and expressing actions
- Additional descriptions of people, places and things
- Learning to distinguish between and pronounce selected sounds in French
- Talking about family and friends
- Identifying rooms in a house
- Talking about the weather
- Talking about plans and destinations
None but LAN 7301 or previous experience with the language will be very helpful
Method of Instruction
Presentation of new material, "round table" discussion to motivate students and promote discussion, role playing, story telling. Instructor may supplement with field trips or additional material. Some examples include eating at a local restaurant, visiting an art exhibit, etc.
Demonstration of skills, class attendance and participation