- Course Title
- Understanding Grief and Loss
Prepared or not, each of us will experience grief and loss. In this course we will explore the impact of loss and discover how to express our grief. Grieving takes us through passages that may be difficult at times but ultimately leads to finding ways to cope and move forward. We will explore these processes as well as learn about the coping experiences of others as we learn about the various stages of grief. *This class meets the elective requirement for the Aging Studies Certificate.
To learn the processes involved in healing after grief and loss.
- The Impact of Loss - Attachment and Grief
- The Early Seasons of Grief
- Processing Loss - From Head to Heart
- The Road Ahead - Adjusting, Adapting, Learning to go on
Method of Instruction
Lecture, hands-on activities and class participation
Class Participation: Yes
Demonstration of Skills: Yes