- Course Title
- Intensive Review of Arithmetic and Pre-Algebra
Fast Track 7060 is a fast paced intensive review course of arithmetic and pre-algebra. Students should have a history of being successful in equivalent levels of math, although they may not recall enough information to do well on the placement test. After successful completion of the class, which includes a test, a student may place into MAT 070.
Master the content below in order to advance to a higher math class.
Students will be able to:
- Perform the operations of whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Recognize ratios and rates and solve proportion problems
- Show the relationship between percent, fractions
- Work problems in percent relating to interest, discount, commission
- Work problems in geometry that relate to perimeter, area, volume, and the Pythagorean Theorem
- Work problems on signed numbers
- Simplify expressions and solve equations in algebra
There are no prerequisites.
Method of Instruction
Pass a written test