- Course Title
- Intensive Review of Introductory Algebra
Fast Track 7070 is a fast paced intensive review course of introductory algebra. Students should have a history of being successful in equivalent levels of math, although they may not recall enough information to do well on the placement test. After successful completion of the class, which includes a test, a student may place into MAT 080 or MAT 140 or MAT 115. Prerequisites may be waived if a student does not plan to take additional math courses at CPCC.
Master the content below in order to advance to a higher math class.
Students will be able to:
- Perform the operations of real numbers.
- Apply the laws of exponents and simplify and evaluate expressions.
- Translate from verbal to numeric, symbolic and graphic forms and solve linear equations and inequalities (numerically, analytically, and graphically).
- Graph equations in one and two variables.
- Evaluate and solve literal equations.
- Perform basic operations with polynomials.
- Factor out the greatest common factor an factor certain types of polynomials.
- Describe the relations among lines, angles and geometric figures.
Successful completion of MAT 060 or a CPT arithmetic score of at least 55 are prerequisites for the class. Prerequisites may be waived if a student does not plan to take additional math courses at CPCC.
Method of Instruction
Pass a written test