- Course Title
- Intensive Review of Intermediate Algebra
Fast Track 7080 is a fast paced intensive review course of intermediate algebra. Students should have a history of being successful in equivalent levels of math, although they may not recall enough information to do well on the placement test. After successful completion of the class, which includes a test, a student may place into MAT 161 or MAT 171 or MAT 155. Prerequisites may be waived if a student does not plan to take additional math courses at CPCC.
Master the content below in order to advance to a higher math class.
- Factor polynomials
- Identify, evaluate and simplify rational expressions
- Define rational exponents and evaluate expression involving rational exponents
- Solve rational, radical and polynomial equations (numerically, analytically, and graphically)
- Solve rational and polynomial inequalities (numerically, graphically, and symbolically)
- Identify and use functions (verbally, numerically, graphically, and symbolically)
- Define and solve direct, inverse and joint variation
- Perform basic operations with complex numbers
- Apply topics of analytic geometric including: distance formula, midpoint formula and slope
Successful completion of MAT 070 or a CPT arithmetic score of at least 55 and CPT algebra score of 55. Prerequisites may be waived if a student does not plan to take additional math courses at CPCC.
Method of Instruction
Traditional instructor/student format
Pass a written test