- Course Title
- Motorcycle: Basic Rider Course 2 (formerly called Experienced Rider Course)
The Basic Rider Course - License Waiver Preparation Course is designed for motorcycle riders who are already licensed or have a NC permit and wish to obtain full NC licensure. This one day course covers street riding strategies and reinforces important information about traction, cornering and counter-steering. Students must provide a safe, street-ready two wheeled motorcycle. Riders must provide proof of insurance in class. Students looking to obtain a waiver for the skills portion of the NC DMV license test must pass a written and riding skills test. Must be at least 16 years old. If for any reason a student cannot successfully complete this class, he or she will need to re-register at their own expense.
- Recognize and deal with hazards to reduce risks
- Know principles of stopping, stopping on a curve, stopping in shortest distance
- Counter-steering for cornering and swerving
- Cornering judgment and cornering traction control
- Alcohol and other drugs and riding
- Motorcycle setup / adjustment, pre-ride check
- Take the NC DMV Waiver riding and written exam (optional)
- Includes 9 skills exercises.
- Must have motorcycle license and street ready motorcycle
Method of Instruction
- Exam: Yes
- Demonstration of Skills: Yes
- Class Participation: Yes