- Course Title
- Understanding Credit
Credit scores and payment history are used by lenders to determine credit risk, which will ultimately affect a borrower's payment terms (loan amount, interest rate, etc). Understand the various types of credit and what can positively or negatively affect a credit score.
Students will be able to
- Evaluate borrower's credit score and payment history to determine credit risk
- Explain to borrower's how to improve negative credit
1. Why your score matters
2. How credit scoring works
3. The Vantage Score - A revolution or just more of the same?
4. Improving your score - the right way!
5. Credit Scoring Myths
6. Coping with a credit crisis
7. Rebuilding your credit score
8. Identity Theft and your credit
9. Emergency - Fixing credit scores fast
10. Insurance and credit scores
11. Keeping your score healthy
Method of Instruction
Lecture, Class discussion, Case studies
Attendance and class participation