- Course Title
- Pilates for Beginners
Experience Pilates and enjoy the many benefits of this popular fitness activity. Pilates has long been one of the best forms of exercise for overall conditioning, toning and relaxation. This course will introduce you to the basics of the Pilates method of exercise with topics including proper breathing techniques, flexibility, reaching deep muscles for strengthening and toning, and achieving correct body postures.
- Understand the basic components of Pilates, including breathing techniques, controlling muscle movements, stabilizing, core strengthening, and precision of movement.
- Focus energy on their core area for proper spine stabilization and abdominal control.
- Gain an understanding of key muscle groups and their function.
- Definition of body's core
- Learn about flexibility and stabilization
- Learn key Pilates techniques: concentration, centering, precision, flow, breathing, and control
Method of Instruction
- Exam: No
- Demonstration of skills: Yes
- Class participation: Yes