- Course Title
- Self-Protection for Women Seminar - One Day Seminar
Women: you don’t have to be athletic to protect yourself. Did you know women who use multiple self-defense strategies are more than 80 percent more likely to escape an attack? In this seminar, learn simple techniques to increase your personal safety at home, work, school or on the street. Master self-defense techniques in combination with personal awareness, assertiveness and verbal confrontation skills to ward off an attacker.
- Increase the ability and knowledge to protect yourself in a threatening situation.
- Learn and practice established self-defense strategies created specifically for women.
- Develop "street smarts."
- Know your enemy.
- Elements of Crime.
- Common methods of attacks and real life situational training.
- Intent versus opportunity. How to reduce risk.
- Street survival techniques. Myths from reality.
- The use of force.
- Weapons for self-defense.
- Home defense, how to reduce danger.
Method of Instruction
Lecture, discussion, demonstration and in-class practice.
Student attendance and participation.