- Course Title
- Home Staging Basics - 3 Day Seminar
Are you a homeowner trying to sell your house or a real estate professional looking to increase sales? This three day seminar will focus on simple changes that truly make a home stand out in today's competitive market. A two hour class will be followed by a four hour hands-on demonstration in a private home. The final class will include discussion of before/after photos of our staging demonstration. Learn insiders' tips and techniques to highlight and properly stage a home. Even if you're not selling, the techniques learned in this class will help to create a fresh, inviting environment for daily living.
Understanding the concept of Home Staging:
- Increase curb appeal
- Highlight architectural features of the home
- De-emphasize flaws
- Add spaciousness
- Add color and warmth
- what is Home Staging?
- Why stage your home?
- How is home staging different from interior design?
- Staging Your Home
- Seeing your home as a buyer would
- Letting go of ego
- Ruthless editing
- Adding warmth
- Elements of Home Staging: Less is More
- working with what you already have
- Removing and rearranging furniture
- Creating balance and flow
- Adding board based appeal
- Painting a picture
Method of Instruction
Lecture, demonstration, outside field trip and hands-on learning
Class participation and attendance